A rare East India Company flintlock cavalry carbine, circa 1840. This type of carbine was made on the similar pattern to the Paget but of slightly larger proportions. Thirty six and a half inches overall with a 21 inch, .6 bore Damascus barrel showing Birmingham proofs. Full walnut stock with regulation brass mounts and captive ramrod and cavalry sling mount. The plain lock stamped C&G and the stock with the same marks.