A very good pair of percussion manstopper pistols carried by the Bristol City town clerk. The pistols made by Fisher of Bristol, circa 1850. Ten inches overall length with 5 inch octagonal, .65 bore Damascus barrels, full walnut stocks with chequered grips. The silver escutcheons inset to the back of the grips are engraved ” B.C TOWN CLERK “. Nicely engraved actions in good working order and good steel mounts. One pistol shows slightly more ware than the other as is usually the case. Interesting period pieces.